Re: using variable in php form before the form is POSTed

At 2:44 PM -0700 5/12/08, milt wrote:
I have a form that will be filled in by the user, I want to have access to
the content of one of the fields in that form, in order to fill in an
another variable that is not part of the form.  this variable is used by a
routine when the form is "posted".  Question - is the $_post[field name]
availble before the submit button is pushed, or is there another way to get
the contents of the field?
thanks, Milt

Use hidden, such as:

<input type="hidden" name="step" value="1">

After the form is posted, $_POST['step'] will = 1.

I use this technique all the time so that I can use the same script to present different forms based upon which step in the form processing the user is on (i.e., step=1, step=2, step=3 and so on).

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------