Re: Can I make EasyPHP on Windows allow remote connections?

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Rahul P <rahul986@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well I thought it has something to do with EasyPHP because I'm able to use
> Remote Desktop Connection of Windows. Actually I've been using EasyPHP
> through RDC but I thought I could use it directly...

rdp has a special port that it runs over.  mysql runs over 3306.  just
because they have the rdp port open doesnt mean they have the mysql one
open.  but again, good question for the lan admin.  i doubt it has anything
to do w/ easyPHP.  when you say you have a 'web address' for your computer
at work, does that mean you can connect to websites hosted on your computer
from the internet (like from home for example [not using rdp])?  if thats
the case then your company also has port 80 open to your system as well,
which still doesnt mean that 3306 is open.  if you want, you can find out
real quick yourself, by using nmap.  just use the hostname for your box at
work and nmap it.  say for example your box has the name mybox.myoffice.com,
then you do

nmap mybox.myoffice.com

if you dont see port 3306 in the list, likely you wont have direct access.
but if you do have access over port 80 (web) you can install mysqlAdmin and
get to it that way.

-nathan