Re: PHP-MYSQL Error: Can't connect to MySQL socket. Can someone helpme out please?

By the way it installed MySQL 6 and PHP 5.0.4 and from the console this command does not work:

mysql -u root -p

but only this works:

mysql -h <hostname> -u root -p

I tried doing the same while connecting to the database via php but it does not work.

Rahul wrote:
I am using Fedora Core 4. As I was unable to use PHP or MySQL together, I uninstalled both of them and installed again using the following commands:

yum install mysql

And then

apt-get install php php-devel php-gd php-imap php-ldap php-mysql php-odbc php-pear php-xml php-xmlrpc curl curl-devel perl-libwww-perl ImageMagick

And then started the mysql server.

I am able to connect to the server from the console my typing

mysql -h <hostname> -u root -p <mypass>

However, when I try to connect to mysql through PHP I get the following errors:

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /export/home/rahul/may/sample.php on line 5 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /export/home/rahul/may/sample.php on line 5 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Can someone please help me out?