Re: php.ini

On Friday 09 May 2008 11:59:25 Wolf wrote:

> When making changes to Apache configuration read files, you have to RESTART
> APACHE before those changes take effect.
>
> However you can use php's ini_set () function to set a number of settings
> on the fly that can be changed per page change.

As this is (should be) being read from the user directory containing the
application instead of the global configuration file, I'd expect it to behave
more like the .htaccess file. The use of .htaccess to override apache
configurations doesn't require an apache restart.

I do know that on bluehost, they actually encourage people to use their own
php.ini file in their web directory ... and users certainly don't have the
authority to restart apache.

That said - just for grins, I *DID* restart apache2. It made no difference.