Re: php.ini

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
I'm trying to turn off magic quotes for a site. I've copied the php.ini from /etc/php5/apache2 to the web site directory. In this file, I've changed magic_quotes_gpc to read
	magic_quotes.gpc = Off

When I run phpinfo() from this directory, it still shows magic quotes as being on. I'm guessing there is another configuration parameter (either in the Apache configuration or for php) that allows this to be processed. Would someone be so kind as to help me here; I admit ignorance.
---Michael

You have to set it in your main php.ini, the one shown in phpinfo() or set it in a .htaccess in the web dir if permitted. You can't just copy a php.ini into a dir and expect php to use it.

-Shawn