Re: Why doesn't working with array's ever stick in my thick head?

At 12:56 PM -0400 5/9/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
Hi Everyone,

SO it's friday, I'm tired, and I can't seem to think straight... I am attempting to do some very basic math with some arrays... Here's the pseudo code that I'm working with:

NumberOfPieces * PieceWeight = TotalWeight

explode total weight to get tenth's of pounds, then divide tenth's of pounds by 16 to grab ounces.

What??

Why do you want tenth's of pounds? Just divide pounds by 16 and you'll get ounces.

---

Display TotalWeight # Exploded Ounces.

Which I have working just fine for a single set of boxes...

My problem is I want to be able to automatically add say 50 boxes in a form to process the weight of each route...

How much does each box weight and how many boxes? That's all you need.

---

So what I need to do is probably use some kind of a counter to loop through my $RoutePieces array and multiply by the $PieceWeight? $PieceWeight is a static number.

Is $PieceWeight is a static number?

The last time I checked, the cost per oz for shipping depends upon the weight. The more weight, the less the cost per ounce. Is that not true?

---

As for the code, that's pretty simple.

Cheers,

tedd