Re: Where to start!

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Jorge <japreja@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> First I would like to say that I have had PHP experience but not enough to
> say I am a PHP developer.
>
> I want to use PHP to build a site that uses MySQL,  I am building it from
> scratch so I don't know where to start, should I start with PHP and design a
> database around my code, or should I designs the db and design the site are
> the db.
>
> is it just a matter of preference or is there a recommended way to do
> this?

I think while Richard and Tony are duking it out, maybe you could explain a
little more about this application.  How big do you think it will be.  How
much acitivity, etc?  That would probably help us point you in the right
direction.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month. Reseller plans and
Dedicated servers available.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."