-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Pruim [mailto:japruim@xxxxxxxxxx]

Morning,

So looking at those scripts I realized that perl is nothing like php ;)

Is there other info that the different places need? or is it just a
different URL?

I'm wondering why you could do something like:

<?PHP

switch(strtolower($ext)) {
case 'es';
case 'com.es';
case 'org.es';
case 'edu.es';
case 'gob.es';
	$cmd = HTTP://www.myCool.es/?query="$nom.$ext";
	break;
case 'eu';
	$cmd = HTTP://www.myCool.eu/?query="$nom.ext";
	break;
default;
	$cmd = HTTP://www.whois.com/?query="$nom.ext";
break;
}
?>

instead of calling out to a different script?

Also, I noticed that in your script where you have "default:" in your
switch, you have a : instead of a ;

Actually, the colon is correct: http://uk.php.net/switch

You also need to enclose your string declarations correctly and add the $
before ext, e.g.
$cmd = "http://www.whois.com/?query=$nom.$ext";
or
$cmd = 'http://www.whois.com/?query='.$nom.'.'.$ext;