Re: Re: install pecl in debian

You need CLI (Comman Line interface) for PHP
most of PECL packages are in apt-get

eg apt-get php-memcache

On Apr 12, 2008, at 3:19 AM, Shawn McKenzie wrote:

hce wrote:
Hi,
I post following message days ago, but could not see it on the list.
Sorry if it is duplicated.
I've installed php5 in debian, but got following problems:
1. I could not find a proper debian package for pecl, search pecl found: dh-make-php - Creates Debian source packages for PHP PEAR and PECL extensions
php-pear - PEAR - PHP Extension and Application Repository
php4-imagick - ImageMagick module for php4
php5-imagick - ImageMagick module for php5
Could anyone who have installed php in debian advise which pecl
package I should install in debian? I need to install the pecl using
for memcache, lighttpd and mysql.
2. I installed php5 in debian, but there is only /usr/bin/php5- cgi, no
php binary fond in /usr/bin.
$ dpkg -l php5
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half- installed |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
+++-==============-==============- ============================================ ii php5 5.2.0-8+etch10 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
Which php package I have been missing for php command?
Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Jim
Not sure about debian but ubuntu you install the individual modules, not all that are included in PECL.

1. apt-get install php5-mysql php5-lighttpd php5-memcache

2. apt-get install php5-cli

-Shawn