Re: $_SESSION problem [SOLVED (sort-of)]

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Ford, Mike <M.Ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Sounds like a register_globals=On issue....

    It does to me, as well.  I know, Tedd, that on the php1.net site
that you mentioned to me off-list, I'm about 99% positive that it's
the reason.  Shared hosts generally keep register_globals on and leave
it up to the individual customer to turn it off.  On that particular
server, though, since it's mostly developers, I may just send out an
email to get feedback and turn it off at the main, and then allow
ya'all to override it on your individual sites.

    The thing that makes me wonder (and I haven't checked myself to
verify) is why two sites, on the same server, having the same
phpinfo() output, would have different results.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Ask me about: