Re: Vote for PHP support in Google App Engine

A co-worker and I were talking about this again today, and I stumbled
upon this crazy idea.

What if this is Google providing people it's own preferred hosting and
backend solutions in the hopes that people make some cool apps they
can easily just buy and not even have to convert to land in their own
environment? I mean, it has their integrated auth, their datastore and
their filesystem.

I'm not quite sure their interest is to support everyone's favorite
language (I could be wrong) but it could be a covert way to get people
to code apps that have very little overhead to bring in-house, since
technically it already is :)

Explained a little bit better here:
http://michaelshadle.com/2008/04/10/google-appengine-1-develop-site-2-get-bought-by-google-3-profit/