Re: php server installation

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:05 AM, hce <webmail.hce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed lighty and php5 to a FC6 box for testing php code in my
> local machine, I set up www.mytest.com to the /etc/hosts. I can see a
> page of http://www.mytest.com/index.html, but a blank page to
> http://www.mytest.com/index.php. I've run an command "php -l
> index.php", the result was "No syntax errors detected in index.php".
> What I was missing

php -l indicates only that php is working on the cli.
what are the contents of index.php; i recommend a page as follows
<?php
die(phpinfo());
?>

if the page prompts you to download something then php isnt installed, or at
least the webserver isnt configured to run it, but if you see a bunch of
stuff similar to the cli output of php -i, ur in good shape :)

-nathan