Re: dynamic boxes problem... JS and PHP

Hello Bitter,
(so is that Bitter Andrew or Bitter Brown? :-)   )

Thanks for the little titbit of request code, have saved it and will certainly use it.
Lets see how the next version is, they promised to make the new IE stick closer to the standards.

Cheers!

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Ryan S <genphp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey!
>  Thanks Andrew, will look into those points that you sent me.
>
>  First thing to change will be the DOCTYPE I think, as i didht type that but must have copied code into a pre-made page...

    One thing I learned when screwing around with AJAX is that it,
like nearly everything that occurs in nature, must be customized to
play nicely with Microsoft things.  Call me bitter.  No, seriously, it
could be my new nickname.

<script language="JavaScript">
//Gets the browser specific XmlHttpRequest Object
function getXmlHttpRequestObject() {
  if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
    return new XMLHttpRequest();
  } else if(window.ActiveXObject) {
    return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
  } else {
    document.getElementById('p_status').innerHTML = 'Status: Cound not
create XmlHttpRequest Object.  Consider upgrading your browser.';
  }
}
</script>

    It's something I had to use when playing around with a chat script
I was building a while ago:
        http://pilotpig.net/gchat/

--
</Daniel P. Brown>