From: Andrew Ballard <aballard@xxxxxxxxx>
To: PHP General list <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:18:36 PM
Subject: Re:  dynamic boxes problem... JS and PHP

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Ryan S <genphp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
[snip]
>  Andrew:
>  Thanks for replying!

[snip]
>  > Also, FWIW, I doubt it has anything to do with your problem but you
>  > are assigning the same value for ID each time through the loop. The ID
>  > attribute is supposed to be unique for each element on the page.
>
>  Tried changing it, no luck.

I didn't expect it to fix anything related to the problem you posted,
but it is something that should be fixed.

I looked at the HTML source (since I think that's where your problem
is). The problem is that you have <FORM> tags nested inside your table
between two rows:

While your nesting is correct insofar as making sure that your <FORM>,
<TABLE>, <TR> and <TD> tags don't cross each other, the <FORM> tag
can't be there. I see why you've done it that way - you have another
form nested inside a cell within the same table (you can't nest one
form within another), and your second form needs to span more than one
cell or row. You need to rethink your page flow and layout so that it
uses valid HTML structure. I don't know if you can combine both forms
into one or if you need to split the table apart.

FWIW, while validating the above solution I found an extra (empty and
unclosed) <TR> tag inside the recipient table which prompted me to run
your HTML through the W3C validator. It found 19 errors that keep it
from validating as XHTML strict as specified in your DOCTYPE. Most of
these won't cause major problems, but the 6th error reported is the
cause of the problem you're having: "document type does not allow
element 'form' here".

Andrew