Re: Include fails when "./" is in front of file name

Wolf wrote:
---- Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Wolf <lonewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Noah,

 Looks like you need to be deciding on whether or not you are on windoze or *Nix.

 If on Windoze, your include path is \
 If on *Nix, your include path is /

 Notice the direction of the slashes and code appropriately in all locations.
    Actually, PHP is "smart" enough to allow both on Windows.
Otherwise, everyone would need to update their code for each different
system, which destroys PHP's cross-platform nature.

--

I've heard that to be the case, but sometimes it's not just the PHP but the underlying server doing the serving...

At any rate, how hard is it to convert slashes if you have to convert your OSs if you use a managed include file or keep the includes directive in the .htaccess folder.  ;)

YMMV, but I always just change them to be on the safe side, but that's just how I roll...

If you're worried about is use DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR rather than hard-coding it. Writing portable code is not difficult in PHP.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/