php application send mouse click

hello,

I am mostly familiar with php for serving up web pages; however, recently i have been writing a local command line script on my WinXP machine. I have spent the better part of this last week and all of today trying to figure out a way to send a mouse click to a particular window on the screen.

I first saw w32api.dll on the php.net site. However, I cannot find this dll, but this searching took me to winbinder and php-gtk2. It seems that I can only get winbinder to get (not send) mouse information: event type and x,y positions. I am not too familiar with php-gtk nor creating dlls.

I want to use my local php command line script on my winXP machine to send mouse events (click) to a window. I am open to any ideas on how to do this.

For C++ and VB there seems to be the SendMessage() function. Is there a way to tap into that function from my php script?

winbinder has a function that wraps the SendMessage() function called wb_send_message, but after literally 9 hours i quit.

Possible ideas:
-Load a dll with the dl() function?  (Write the dll with VB or C++)
-use the w32api_register_function() in php somehow to 'tap' into windows api functions.
-use a project that can assist me in this like php-gtk2 or winbinder
-maybe someone has a copy of w32api.dll
-something about COM objects, though i am really not familiar

I am throwing out this question to the community and wondering what your suggestions would be for how to go about sending a mouse click event to my windows api from a php script.

I am not interested in writing javascript as this is not a web application.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, about how to do send mouse events from a php script will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,