Re: phone number allocation manager

At 6:53 AM -0700 4/1/08, Jim Lucas wrote:
Think the opposite from what you just described. What I want to be able to do is have a pool of numbers from which I can assign a range or individual numbers to a given customer. But this tool is not to track the customers, but rather allow me to keep track of which numbers are still available from the predefined number range. While also taking into account tracking vanity numbers, and numbers that have previously been assigned and need to be held for at least 90 days.

For now, this is the minimum of what I need. I will need to be able to modify the source code to tie into our current billing system and be able to reference a customers account.

That sounds trivial -- just flag those taken and those on hold. From the remaining, pick, give out, and flag. In addition, do a periodic check of the dB and un-flag those number that come-off hold.

Knowing that you're more cerebral than that, what am I missing?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------