Re: Reporting mail as spam

On Mon, March 31, 2008 11:01 am, Sándor Tamás (HostWare Kft.) wrote:
> I wrote a little registration routine, which will send a confirmation
> letter to the user with a random number in the message body (my site
> is on a host, so I can't write in the subject, and ask the user to
> reply), which can be clicked then, and my site will finish the
> registration. My big problem is, that this host inserts an X header to
> the mail which identifies my PHP script as the X-PHP. As I recognize,
> this header adds a huge number to the spam score. Is there any
> possibility, to reduce the other scores? By the way, what counts most
> in a spam?

I doubt that the X-PHP mailer header is going to "hurt" your score
that much...

If it's not actually spam, it will probably get through...

Using PLAIN TEXT email will reduce your spam score FAR more than
losing the X-PHP header.

You could also probably put your emails into some kind of database
somewhere that can be accessed by some OTHER program to send emails
out, and search for something that gives you more control over the
email composition.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?