Re: LDAP in php

Chris schrieb:
If ldap can already use a database backend, just use the normal ldap_* functions to do all of the work, don't re-invent it all.

http://www.php.net/ldap

Just wanted to avoid installing and maintaining a LDAP server and mapping all the data.

Perhaps I am underestimating it, but just to read one URI like request, find the data and send it back in some form, does not look difficult to implement. We do not need full LDAP support, just to feel Thunderbird and Squirrelmail address books. Both can't edit LDAP yet anyway.