Re: Cookie Trouble: getting the information back out...

tedd wrote:
Mark:

You said:

 I'm gonna shit and go blind cause I haven't got a clue...

and

 The only thing preventing me from gouging out my eyes right now is ...

Are you sure that programming is right for you?

It sounds like you're going to hurt yourself.  This was just a cookie.  :-)

Cheers,

tedd

There's an old proverb that basically says that if you present a mule with two choices, (1) a easy, meandering path up the side of a mountain that triples the time it would take to get to the top, and (2) a brutally hard path that goes straight up the mountain, but would most certainly have a good chance of killing the mule if taken, the mule will take path number 2 each and every time.

It's the mule in me! :) I can't help myself. It's like sitting a pair of shoes down in front of a leprechaun; he can't resist the compulsion the shine and clean those shoes. I can't resist the compulsion to solve a problem by coding a solution for it.

I really enjoy programming. It satisfies a creative bent in me, but from time to time I do get very frustrated with it. Especially when, as in this case, it's only a cookie and an easy concept. What frustrates me is I know I'm missing something, but for the life of me I can't see it. Therefore the shoe that I'm compelled to clean and shine keeps dipping itself back into the mud.

For me moving from procedural PERL programming to OOP PHP feels like a paradigm shift! some of it coming back easily and some of it not so easily. Ya know... old dog new tricks... that sort of thing. But if I don't challenge myself and learn new things I could run the risk of getting stuck in a rut of thinking the same way about things and well... never mind... shit! more mud on that shoe again. :)

--

Mark