RE: optimilize web page loading

Get hold of
Steve Souders: "High Performance Web Sites: 14 Rules for Faster Pages"
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529307/index.html#details

There is a video at
http://www.oreillynet.com/fyi/blog/2007/09/steve_souders_high_performance.html

Browse the links from which you can see what he is suggesting without getting
the book.

Some of the things suggested are
- minimise number of files (css, js) downloaded by concatenating
- add an expires header so pages come from browser cache instead of download
- put style sheets at the top of downloaded page and (js) scripts to bottom

Someone else mentioned Yslow, which is one of the tools the author suggests.

David