Re: strange list behavior when replying to message on list

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Mark Weaver wrote:
Andrew Ballard wrote:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Mark Weaver <mdw1982@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi all,

 I'm wondering if anyone else happens to be using Mozilla Thunderbird
and
 seeing this behavior, and also if this behavior is a feature or a bug.

 When I hit the reply button to respond to a message most of the time
the
 actual sender's address is the one the message is being sent to rather
 than the list itself. This is the first mailing list I've been on that
 I've seen this behavior; all other lists I'm on when one hits the reply
 button, or CTRL+R the mailing list's address is inserted as it
should be
 and is expected.

 I know with some email clients there is a menu item specifically there
 for responding "to the list" based on whether or not there is a
 list-header in the header information but that isn't an available
option
 with Thunderbird. Is anyone else seeing this behavior or is there
 something I'm missing?

 Mark

It's not specific to Thunderbird or any other mail client. I'm pretty
sure it was configured that way on purpose. Have a look at this
thread:

http://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=105700032521606&w=2

Andrew

well, obviously since the issue still exists it's clear that this never
got resolved. I just don't understand the obstenant behavior of some
folks in the presence of clear and plain logic. Especially from a
programmer. Makes no sense at all.

Guess I'm off to create the necessary recipe for Procmail to do the
adult thing and make sense of the non-sense.

I use Thunderbird 2.x on Kubuntu and I just hit reply to this mail.  I
have news.php.net setup as a news account.  I do receive and have
received frequent timeouts contacting the news server though.  Has been
a pain for quite awhile.

-Shawn

That's what I also do. :D I have thunderbird 2.x on Fedora 8. So, it works. :)