Re: Re: fwrite/fclose troubles

Dave Goodchild wrote:
Why are you writing a logging class? Why not use error_log and enable error
logging?

two reasons actually,

1. learning OOP for PHP, so the more I practice at it the better I get.

2. the logging that's being done with this class is done primarily for debugging during the development phase of the application itself. That way during run-time I can tail the log file and see where a portion of the app is failing if it fails or simply tell me where it's at and what it's doing.

Standard error logging wasn't giving me the feedback that I needed at the time and debug logging is a habit I got into when I learned PERL to help tell me where things were failing.

Mark