Re: Double click problem [SOLVED]

At 4:23 PM -0700 3/21/08, Jim Lucas wrote:
It would require a little JS, but you could use the onUnload feature and pop up a warning that would tell them the problem(s) of leaving this page. Then use the confirm() method from JS to either allow or deny them to leave the current page.

I don't know if you can limit this action to only take affect when they press the back button, but it might help in any event.

Jim:

I tried that.

The problem is that you'll get that notice if the user submits the form as well. IOW, no matter what the user does, as soon as they leave that page they get the notice.

I might be able to put a hidden input field to cancel the notice, but like everything -- one thing leads to another.

Thanks,

tedd

--
-------