Re: newbie question about one php script passing control to another

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Rod Clay <rclay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, let me try to say more about exactly what I'm trying to do.  I have
>  a php script running in a browser window (opened specifically for this
>  purpose) in which the user keys a blog item, then hits 'submit.'  After
>  this script has successfully added the new blog item to the database,
>  what I'd like to do is automatically close this window, and pass control
>  to the php script that displays the updated list of blog items (with of
>  course the newly added blog item) in the original browser window (the
>  window the user was looking at when s/he clicked on the 'Add a blog'
>  link).

    That would be more of a JavaScript issue, really.  Have the user
click a link to refresh the parent and close the child.

    On a different note, you probably got made fun of pretty often for
you name (especially last-name-first), eh?  My father's name was Dick
--- no joke.  Yeah.... he got hell all the time.  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Forensic Services, Senior Unix Engineer