Re: selling gpl software?

At 12:11 AM +0800 3/20/08, jeffry s wrote:
i know it is forbidden to sell open source software.

let say i have costumer want me to modified an open source php script.
i have the right to charge him the service to modified  the software.

but this costumer ask me to do one thing against the gpl software.
he want me to remove all the link and powered by link (anything visible to
the end user)

what should i do to satisfy my costumer without making myself against
the spirit of open source community?

This comes down to what you can live with. Only you can answer that.

I do not sit in judgement regarding anything a client wants. But, there are some things I won't do, like pornography, or spam, or any illegal activity because I don't want the liability exposure that accompanies it.

My advice, if it's illegal, then don't do it.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------