Re: General use of rewrite / redirect

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Take for instance Drupal (which I use as an example because I'm a core dev
> for
> it).

thats pretty cool.

> I will say in general you should not ever have more than one redirect
> chained
> together.  While there may be valid reasons for it conceptually, trying to
> trace and debug that workflow is overshadow any advantage it could
> otherwise
> offer.  (IMO, YMMV, etc.)

this much i agree w/ and i would say to extend upon it that using multiple
redirection mechanisms in a chain is also a bad idea.
eg.
header(location: ) to some page.
that page uses a meta tag to do a redirect to somewhere else.
ive had to deal w/ this stuff and ended up stripping out all of those stupid
meta tag redirects, as well as many of the header redirects on the server.

-nathan