Some Good News

    Hey, folks;

    [Skip to the bottom if you just want to get to the point.]

    As you may have noticed, I was about ready to stop selling shared
hosting to the public as of yesterday due to the level of fraud and
the costs associated with dealing with such.  Most of it emanates from
phishers using stolen PayPal accounts.

    However, thanks to the research of a friend of mine, yesterday I
hooked up with a new company (whose name I'm not going to mention) to
monitor and analyze orders and automatically grade them on a variety
of subjects and calculate the likelihood of the order being fraud.  We
did a good amount of testing, and all looks well.

    So to celebrate the fact that there's at least that much stress
off my shoulders, I'm going to extend the 50% off thing if anyone is
interested.  I won't make a profit on selling this even at 100% to
full capacity, it just helps offset my costs for the equipment and
allows me to not spend a fortune on doing research and development for
open source projects and the like.

    Now, some even bigger news.... I *FINALLY* finalized and made
official a new deal with my local datacenter and am once again
publicly-selling dedicated servers and VPS systems.  So now if anyone
needs a dedicated box or VPS, you can buy through someone you know
(and probably save quite a few bucks in the process).

    Here are some examples:

        Celeron 2.4GHz w/ 60GB Hard Drive, 512MB RAM
        $59.99/mo. - No Setup Fee

        Intel Dual-Core Pentium D 3.0GHz w/ 250GB SATA Hard Drive, 2GB RAM
        $109.95/mo. - $59.99 Setup Fee

    .... all the way up to....

        Intel Quad-Core Xeon 2.4GHz w/1066FSB & 2x4MB Cache
        250GB SATA or 146GB SCSI Hard Drive
        2GB DDR2 RAM
        $189.99/mo. - $99.99 Setup Fee

    All come with 2TB bandwidth per month on a switched 10/100Mbps
VLAN.  And, as always, I do custom orders as best I can accommodate.
Just ask.

    I also have all kinds of other hardware ready, including a couple
of old boxes for a few bucks per month, straight up to some kick-ass
stuff that I wouldn't even be able to justify using myself right now.

    All of the servers are managed, too, but not "fully managed."  If
you're interested and don't know what this means, ask.  I do server
administration myself, and have about a dozen others from around the
world that I pay to help me out to make sure it's covered 24/7/365.

    THE POINT OF ME MENTIONING IT HERE is not really just for
advertising, believe it or not.  Right now, this is the only place I'm
posting this, and it's because you guys on this list are the ones I
speak with more than I even speak with my fiancee, Debi.  Sad, but
usually true.  And by sad, I mean it's a shame that it's you motley
bunch that I'm stuck with.  ;-P

    So since I haven't finished and launched the new website yet, you
have to order by email or phone request through me until I get it
running, then click a PayPal button that I'll send to you via email.

    HOWEVER, to light a fire under my ass to make sure I get that done
ASAP, I'm going to give anyone who orders until I get the new site
done 20% off setup and monthly fees on all hardware and bandwidth.
And it won't just stay at that price until I get the site done, I'll
lock you in at that for as long as you keep the box.  And most likely,
if you wanted a second or third, we could probably work out a deal
where it will cost about the same for each.

    So all-in-all, it means that if you buy before I get the site done
(hopefully in the next few days), that 2.4GHz server would cost you
$47.99 per month with no setup fee, and the high-end Quad-Xeon
mentioned above would be just $151.99 per month with a $79.99 setup
fee.  And the deal I have with cPanel, for example, is $19.99/mo. for
unlimited domains, or $23.99 for that plus Fantastico unlimited.
Linux and BSD are free, and Windows starts at $19.95 per month.

    And on top of that, shared hosting will be 50% off on Developer
and Reseller packages at http://www.pilotpig.net/ if you use the
coupon `stpaddy08` until I get the site done as well.

    Any questions, fire me an email.  I'll be out signing papers and
picking up some new hardware to stock up tonight, so if I don't get
back to you tonight, I definitely will tomorrow.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Forensic Services, Senior Unix Engineer