Re: __halt_compiler()

On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Mikey wrote:

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Daniel Brown wrote:
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Casey <heavyccasey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list!

__halt_compiler(). Does anyone use it?

I've used it obsessively in my past two "projects" to store data
(specifically CSV) in the PHP files. These two "projects" consisted of
only one file, and I didn't want to clutter everything and involve
databases and/or XML files.

Your thoughts?
   In my opinion, if you're distributing open source scripts or the
like, and wanted to send out a really simple installer package, that
would be fine.  All-in-all, you want to evaluate the scope of your
code, the knowledge level of your user base, the means by which the
code will be shared, et cetera. It's really up to your best educated
judgment on a per-project basis.

   Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum.  What
might be right for you may not be right for some: a man is born, he's a man of means. Then along come two and they've got nothing but their genes, but they've got Diff'rent Strokes. It takes Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

   Everybody's got a special kind of story.  Everybody finds their
way to shine.  It don't matter that you got not a lot; so what?
They'll have theirs and you'll have yours and I'll have mine.  And
together, we'll be fine!  'Cause it takes Diff'rent Strokes to move
the world.

   Yes, it does, it takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

What you talk'n about Willis?

(tugs on cheeky cheeks!)

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to raise my lighter or cry...

~Philip