Frameworks

Hi all,

Maybe this has past the list a couple of times (just like the 'storing images in a DB' question).

What I'm after is a framework that is simple, solid, compact and flexible enough to extend by myself.

I'm not an OOP person. But I do use classes when I think they fit a purpose. But most of all I want a framework that has the wheels I don't want to reinvent myself but do make sense to have.

Like:
- Informative error-handling
- DB layer, not too abstract please
- Form handling
- etc.

What is a good framework to start with? What framework doesn't make it too complex that it says it gives you RAD but actually let's you sink in code?

I don't have to develop enterprise stuff. I want to manage information for myself and maybe build a blog or whatever to play with. What let's build things quick so you can focus on things to test instead in building the surrounding elements?

Again, maybe I've to dive into archives etc. But that doesn't give me answers I need I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Aschwin Wesselius