Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

On 3/12/08, Richard Heyes <richardh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No it's not. It's not like require_once() is a hassle to type/use
>  anyhow. Things like editor macros and templates help out enormously and
>  by using them over __auto load you (a business) could save yourself a
>  lot of time and hence money.

I'm not defending __autoload() specifically, I don't do much OO PHP
anyway so I couldn't possibly care less about it.  My argument is that
asking other developers to not use specific language features simply
because lesser developers may not know them very well is just plain
dumb.  I'm sorry you don't get it and I'm done trying to help you get
it.  Good luck codling your lesser developers.  May they never learn
jack on their own.

*sigh*

--
Greg Donald