Re: save image in database vs folder

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 21:24:45 you wrote:
> I've been coding PHP for some time now in combination with MySQL, but I
> have never heard of the possibility of storing images in a database..?
>
> I didn't even know this was possible.

they are stored as binary objects.
for a strategic search directly at the info:
http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=mysql+blob&btnG=Google-s%C3%B8k&meta=
for a more learning experience do:
http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=storing+images+in+mysql&btnG=S%C3%B8k&meta=

> My question now is, where can I find documentation on this? and where are
> these "Archives" you are all talking about?

see these archives is not much to brag about, hard to follow and hard to
search.
Use google. Google is expert in finding weird information regarding stuff you
put in the search field.

I would also follow up on the read on filesystem handling on php.net if you
feel shorthanded regarding comparisons.

> (I've subscribed to the mailing-list yesterday, had no idea such a thing
> existed!)

oh, theres plenty of books written on subjects you know nothing about ;D

> Thanks.
>               - Rick
>
> 2008/3/11, Børge Holen <borge@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > >     Børge, the F's are silent.  ;-P