Re: Session still open

Hi

>>  > socket open, then there are much smaller, simpler ways.
>>
>>  Like what ?
>
>    I meant as opposed to the session-handling method I sent in the
> other thread.  However, you may want to look into having JavaScript
> handle the session-watching, and report to the server via AJAX calls
> every 30 seconds or so.  If JavaScript doesn't PING the server at
> least once every thirty seconds, then you know either the user left
> the page or closed the browser.  If it does, on the other hand, then
> the PHP side of the AJAX routine simply updates the
> [database/file/session info] to show that the user is still active.

Hum. Then we rely on JS to implement security with conections. And JS is
anything but secure AFAIK.

I want to prevent one from taking over a session from one who left the site
and left his desk for a moment.

What if that connection were two servers communicating together !?
Any crooked mind could then steal the latent session and start fire in the
system(s).