Re: PHP5 strtotime

On Monday 10 March 2008, Samuel Marshall wrote:
> I use PayPal as my ecommerce solution and I have a PHP script that captures
> variables posted from PayPal to populate my database. The time variable
> string is sent in the following format: HH:MM:SS DD Mmm YY, YYYY PST. The
> script worked fine but since I upgraded to PHP5 the dates inputted into my
> database (MySQL) are showing some date in 1969. Can anyone say what is
> causing this or how to correct it? Thanks.
>
> Samuel Marshall

PHP's error value for dates translates to 6 PM 31 December 1969 when
formatted, that is, right before the Epoc.  That happens when you feed
strtotime a string it can't parse, for instance.  Looking at the string you
list, the year is listed twice.  I very much doubt strtotime can grok that.
You'll need to do at least some manual parsing of the date string.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson