Re: programming and design fees

--- Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lamp Lists wrote:
>
> > now, I didn't have such a big project "on side"
> ever. and I by default
> > ALWAY suck in calculations how much time I need
> for a project and what
> > to charge. I think I need about 120 hrs (3 weeks)
> to build this baby
> > (without design part). I need your opinion. is it
> enough time (yes, I
> > know it depends of how fast I program :D Let's
> say, average fast :))
> > and what are fees these days for such a project? I
> lost track. $75/hr
> > is lowest price today or I can't ask more than
> $50/hr?
>
> You can ask whatever you want as long as your
> customer thinks it's
> reasonable.  (not a joke).
That's actually part I'm interested the most :D What
is reasonable? Is reasonable for sucha project with
complex product catalog and ordering system  ask $10K?

> Given that you're an individual bidding on a single
> project, you might
> want to consider fixed price instead of time and
> materials.
I'm not bidding. I did small, simple html web site for
them 3 years ago, with 5 pages. Now they want
something better, with catalog and admin area.
returnig customer :D

> As for estimates wrt time and effort - if those were
> available on a
> mailing-list based on about 30 lines of project
> description, this list
> would be full of project managers, all with
> desperate needs to estimate
> how long <something> takes. :-)
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

Thanks Per