Re: Re: Transferring files between computers using php

Rahul wrote:
Thank you all so much for replying... I guess I was very vague in describing the situation. I will write in detail:

I have three computers A, B and C. To login to B and C I should use A because it has a SSH key. I don't have any other way of accessing these two computers. Now, if I need to transfer a file between B and C, I am unable to find a way that would work... because I don't know how to authenticate without SSH keys... I was gathering some data in B and C using PHP. Now, I need these two computers to coordinate a little and didn't want to use a server in between and so I was thinking of establishing a direct connection between them..

You can use ssh key forwarding on b & c - so when you log in to a, they accept the key straight away.

Or set up passwordless ssh between b & c.

http://blogs.translucentcode.org/mick/archives/000230.html

Though this:
chmod 644 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

should probably be:

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

so nobody else can even read the file.

and I always:

chmod 700 ~/.ssh

Not much in here related to php though :P

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/