Re: Pear Installation Problem - Ubuntu

> > [snip!]
> >>  But there is no /usr/share/pear directory.
> >>
> >>  I have a /usr/share/php/PEAR and it has things that look like
> >>  installation files.
> > [snip!]
> >>  Can anyone help me figure out how to get the installation fixed?
> >
> >     Update your php.ini to add /usr/share/php/PEAR to the include
> > path, and remove /usr/share/php/pear if it's in there.  Then restart
> > Apache (service httpd stop;service httpd startssl) and you should be
> > good to go.
> >

> I don't think that it is that simple. The /usr/share/php/PEAR directory
> does not include the HTML directory or the QuickForm.php file.
>
> It looks like I have to run some kind of install process for PEAR.
>
> Docs to read.
Open a terminal window on the server
at the prompt type:
 locate QuickForm.php

If it comes back with the path/file, make sure the path to the file is in the include folder

If it comes back to just a regular terminal prompt right away, then you need to install it.

The following is what you get when it is NOT located:
~$ locate Quickform.php
~$

You could also run the following:
~$ pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version  State
Archive_Tar      1.3.2    stable
Auth             1.5.4    stable
Cache            1.5.5RC4 beta