Re: Preserving URL after redirect?

---- Skip Evans <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a weird issue that's got me pretty stumped,
> and I'm not sure I can do what the client is
> asking, or at least not how I'm trying to do it.
>
> I have a code base of my own I'm building sites
> on, fully AJAX enabled so that once the site loads
> it never fully refreshes a page, but AJAX runs
> everything through JS to server calls for content,
> updating only sections of the page only when
> needed, say for like the small calendar in the
> upper right corner when a new month is clicked.
>
> The site is basically a CMS for school sports
> teams to create their own pages, and the schools
> are accessed via individual directories like
>
> http://prepcube.com/wi/madison/
>
> So I created the wi/madison/
>
> ...directory when the school signs up and placed a
> file there that parses the URI to get the schools
> "shortname", in this case "madison", and then sets
> a session variables for school ID that allows the
> user to access this school's data.
>
> Then it redirects back to
<!-- SNIP -->

Why does is redirect back to the beginning?  Seems to me that is where your issue is arising from.  The client wants /wi/madison to be in the URl, so you have a few things to do...

Stop redirecting to the root and leave it in the /wi/madison folder, then do stuff it needs to do just using the root+stored_path to give the site it's depth.

Or maybe I am missing something in the way your site works?

Wolf