Logging session timeout in DB

Hi all,

I am implementing a system where when a user is logged in and out that a
date time is set in a database for each action for each used. We can then
trace who logged in a and when.

No what I would like to know is how can I record when a user closes the
browser or the session expires? There is no action for these items. So what
would the best way be to keep a record of this? Would the use of a cron job
be appropriate? I read in the archives that the banks use javascript but I
don't want to go that route.

If anyone has any idea how to do this please let me know, thanks in advance.

Elemental
Telephone: +27 (021) 552 9799
Mobile:       +27 (0) 72 441 3355
Fax:            +27 (0) 86 681 5885