RES: 2 Questions: Static variables and the nature of the online manual

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Svevo Romano [mailto:svevo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hi there,

Many thanks for your answer. I've also gone through your
example and it took me 10 minutes to understand how the
operator precedence was working there.
Was expecting 1 on the first call :)

But this is not the point. You've nailed my question very
preciseley in your first answer: 'the preceding line is only
run on the first call to the function'.

My only question is (at it is related to the nature of the
online manual):
how do you know it and I don't? This thing is the only logical
explanation to the fact the $a doesn't get initialized again to
0 in any subsequent call to the function, but it's not written
anywhere in the manual page. And it seems the most important
statement in my opinion, that justifies what I see as an
exception to a normal flow.

Hope all this makes sense.
Thanks,

<me>