Re: imap_setflags_full Seen

Richard Lynch schreef:
I am trying to use this:

imap_setflag_full($imap, $uid, "\\\\Seen", FT_UID) or die("Unable to
mark message as \\Seen");

3 things:

1. shouldn't it be ST_UID iso FT_UID?
2. the imap bos is opened readonly?
3. er ... I l-i-e-d :-)

to mark a message as "read"

It does not seem to have any effect on the return values in
imap_fetch_overview.

Nor does it appear as "read" when I view it with my email client.

The "unseen" count on the mailbox also does not decrease, which I
would expect if it was "working"

Is there some kind of trick I'm missing?

Is there some OTHER flag/function I'm supposed to be using to mark a
message as "Read"?  I sure can't find it in tfm so far...

The $imap stream is valid, and I can fetch the headers and body just
fine.

The $uid is from imap_uid and, again, is used to fetch the header and
body just fine.

I've tried imap_close($imap, CL_EXPUNGE) in the hopes that it would
"write" the changes, but no such luck.

PHP 4.4.7 Hardened
Gentoo 2.6.18 hardened R6 SMP
phpinfo says IMAP c-client Version 2004 w/ SSL support enabled
Gentoo says courier-imap 4.0.6-r2 is installed, so probably using that.

The versions are out of my control, due to a security and stability
focus of this install.