Re: Making sure an include file works

Aschwin Wesselius wrote:
Chris wrote:

have you considered installing a local copy of php (and suitable webserver)
so you can test it there?

I'd also suggest using a revision control system (subversion or git) and have pre-commit hooks to check the syntax.

It's a bit of work to set up but once it's done you'll notice a difference - just knowing how often you're changing things can be surprising.

Hi,

Do you mind sharing a source where I can find more information about pre-commit hooks (and especially about syntax checking hooks)?

We use subversion here and it would be great to use such hooks.

Thanks.

Aschwin Wesselius

Ah, never mind, I've found an howto myself:

http://www.gmta.info/publications/php-syntax-check-through-subversion-pre-commit-hook

Cheers,

Aschwin Wesselius