Re: Re: imagettftext and utf-8 (swedish characters)

Daniel Brown schreef:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 it does because he's passing the title as an argument to the image script:

    I would say that's what I get for skimming, but look here:

I guess I skimmed somewhat too ... but I based my assumption on the following from the
OPs post:

/index.php/slides/upload:

$title = htmlentities($_POST['title'], ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8');
$image = '/index.php/slides/preview?title='.urlencode($title).'&content='.urlencode($_POST['content']);

so the script handle the form submission looks to be generating a url
used as the src of an img.

    Thus, it leads me back to my previous guess that the font he chose
(georgia.ttf) doesn't have Swedish characters in the set.  With that,
I'm not sure, though, because I don't have the Georgia font pack on
here, so it'll have to stay as a guess for now.

Georgia.tff should cover swedish characters - atleast it does on my
system (MPB) ... my little test script in my other post on this thread
works for me ... I have no idea if one should/could expect variations
of supported characters in a TTF font file depending on the system your
on (my guess would be you could rely on all systems that have said TTF file
to support the same chars - I assume that although it may be compiled diffferently
for different platforms the source font definition is going to be the same)