Re: auto-wrap on posts

Zoltán Németh wrote:
2008. 02. 28, csütörtök keltezéssel 10.38-kor Nathan Nobbe ezt írta:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:35 AM, David Giragosian <dgiragosian@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2/28/08, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
take a look here on the marc archives.
http://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=120415418217911&w=2

there are several lines that have 1 word only in them, some of the words
(for reference) are access, good, patterns, nested.
when i wrote the post (looking in my gmail client) these words are not
on
their own line..
does the post look as it does on marc in your mail clients or are the
words
in sentences where they belong ?

thanks,

-nathan

Your emails come through to my gmail account as you first described,
Nathan, ie, sometimes with just one word on a line, and just like the
marc archives.

thanks, ill just have to be careful editing from gmail then..

Ray, if I start a thread, I'm fairly sure the list sends the email back to
me.

i dont get an email back until someone replies.

that must be a gmail thing, I get everything back

greets,
Zoltán Németh

-nathan

Yeah, it is a gmail thing. They archive the message you send, so if you were using the gmail client, you'd see your response. The FAQs say that it'll send your message through IMAP/POP if someone replies to your message, but gmail doesn't do nested threads, so I think it doesn't know all the time when you were replied to.

--
Ray Hauge
www.primateapplications.com