Re: ZCE guidance needed

Nathan Nobbe wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Shelley <myphplist@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:myphplist@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Nathan Nobbe wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Shelley <myphplist@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:myphplist@xxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:myphplist@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:myphplist@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
    >
    >     Really? What I know is there are 70 questions.
    >     But Im interested in how many right answers you should make to
    >     pass the exam. :-)
    >

    > well im sure you can search the web just as good as i can ;)
    > but anyway, i think its like a 60% to pass (NOTE: pulling from rusty
    > memory)
    >
    > -nathan
    Then it's great. What I imagined was that you should make
    something like
    90%.

    I have thought then it should have to be hard to pass.

trust me, with the level of obscurity in a number of those questions, youll be cursing the bastard that wrote it just as soon as you start taking it. after all that studying, only to get to something that requires vast knowledge of a number php functions, i mean really, everyone under the sun refers to the functions w/ php.net <http://php.net> beside them while they code right? or maybe i just havent committed all of them to memory like everyone else ;) they hit you over the head w/ various different array sorting methods and thats just the beginning. i thought the passing req would be a cinch until i started taking the exam. then after pushing through my frustration, i was wondering if i would actually make it. seriously some of them are hit or miss, theres no way to verify it there on the spot until you hit the grade button.

-nathan
You are definitely right. :-)
It's said that you will never use some of those functions all your life!

--
Cheers,
Shelley