Re: Database Abstraction Idea

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Ray Hauge <ray.hauge.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been working on a project that was started from scratch.  I'm a
>  minimalist, so I like to keep things as simple as possible.  I've been
>  using this idea for a database abstraction, and I thought I'd see if I
>  could get some constructive criticism.
[snip it all away!]

    Should catch(e) really be catch(Exception $e) ?

    No matter.

    Your queries and all look fine, and the simple way your using the
class should be perfectly safe provided, as you stated, your
validation and sanity checks are all done prior to any data getting
near the database.  And provided you're not echoing out any form of
the tableName->columnName information anywhere at all, all else should
be good, as well.  Otherwise, you're basically broadcasting your
database schema.

    Bottom line: looks close enough for government work. ;-P

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>