Start/stop daemon using php

Hi, I've written an application in c which I would like to start/stop as a daemon in gnu/linux.

The application has the argument "--daemon" which forks the process and exits the parent. Then it setups a SIGQUIT signal handler to properly cleanup and terminate. It also maintains a lockfile (with the pid) so only one instance is allowed.

So, to start this application I created a php site that calls exec("/path/to/binary --daemon > /dev/null 2> /dev/null").

Everything is working so far, but I cannot get the application to receive the SIGQUIT when I start using php and exec. Not even manually using kill in the shell. It works correctly if I start manually thought.

So, is this possible to do? Doesn't exec allow applications with signal handlers? Is there some other way to terminate the application?

--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new impediments to understanding.