Re: How do you send stylized email?

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:38 -0500, tedd wrote:
At 4:27 PM +0100 2/26/08, Jochem Maas wrote:
tedd schreef:
Now you sound like my wife.  :-)
for your sake I hope I don't look like her :-P
No, I have an absolutely beautiful wife -- no complaints in that department.

that said I'd hazard a guess and say you listen to what she says ... my ex
used to say the same thing.
Ex's are the experience you need to get it to work.

I've always said that everyone should go through at least one divorce before getting married.

Marriage?? That's for backwards people stuck in ancient pointless
traditions >:) And moreso in today's culture... it's just a commercial
suckfest when your money could better go to student loans and raising a
family.

I've been happily living in sin with my common-law wife for 9 years.
Besides, isn't marriage primarily a religious thing? In the old
testament marriage was often implied by the simple act of laying with a
woman... or two... or three... Polygamy, how did that fall out of
religious favour? :)

Cheers,
Rob.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I was curious.

A lot of the modern standards started when St. Augustine started teaching that the fall of Adam and Eve was the "original sin" which was sex. Somehow that took hold and then sex became a "bad thing" and to be the most holy of holy you should be celibate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

As far as the history of monogamy goes, I had to look this one up. It also seems to stem from the teachings of St. Augustine (late AD 300s). Martin Luther eventually allowed polygamy after coming to the conclusion that there was no scriptural evidence that polygamy was wrong. Obviously that's no longer in effect though. It has also been allowed after certain wars to beef up the population again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#Christianity

I typically don't use wikipedia for sole sources, but everything else I could find was some religious site that was very biased.

How's that for off topic?

--
Ray Hauge
www.primateapplications.com