Re: Cross-Post: Installing on Palm Treo?

Um.  Palm OS Garnet (what every remotely modern Treo runs) is completely
incapable of running multiple simultaneous processes without hacking the OS
beyond recognition.  It is an absolutely horrid concept for a server, if it
were even possible to port Apache, MySQL, and PHP to Palm OS (which in no way
resembles Unix, Linux, Windows, or anything even remotely Posix).  I don't
know if anyone has successfully managed to port Linux to a modern Treo, but
even if they had it would be just to prove that they can, not because it
would be actually usable.

Seriously, don't even waste time thinking about making a Palm device into a
dev server.  There are some mobile devices you can do that to; this ain't one
of them.

(Disclaimer: I currently own and use a Treo 680, and used to work as an IT
journalist reviewing, among other things, Palm handhelds and smartphones.
That was a few years ago, but I've not heard anything to suggest that
anything has even remotely changed in this regard.  In fact, everything I
hear is lamenting that it hasn't. <g>)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012