Re: System errno in PHP

Hi,

I also ran into the same issue with file and socket apis, and for now, I just
hack it like ( for linux 2.6 systems ):

class Errno
{
  const EINTR        =  4;
  const EIO          =  5;
  const EINVAL       =  22;
  const ENODATA      =  61;
  const EBADMSG      =  74;
  const EOPNOTSUPP   =  95;
  const ECONNRESET   =  104;
  const ENOTCONN     =  107;
  const ETIMEDOUT    =  110;
  const EALREADY     =  114;
  const EINPROGRESS  =  115;

  // useful static methods that use posix_strerror()
  // and socket_strerror() to return strings for logging purposes...
  .
  .

}

Clearly this is not portable, but I am betting that usually on the
same kernel releases, they
don't usually change these numbers around.

Having PHP expose these useful constants in a portable manner would be
a big plus.

Thanks,
Ravi